REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR PROVISION OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is an, international development agency that promotes the rights of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity through programs in Population and Development, Reproductive Health, and Gender. Under the Reproductive Health Component, the 7th Government of Uganda/UNFPA Country Program is supporting the operationalization of the Road Map for Accelerating the Reduction of Maternal and Neonatal Morbidity and Mortality and has prioritized strengthening of midwifery services in the country as a strategy to improve the quality and proportion of skilled attendance at birth. Working in partnership with other Development Partners, the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM), CSOs and other stakeholders, activities have been planned to (1) support the improvement of the quality of midwifery education (2) build the capacity of nursing and midwifery regulatory bodies and professional associations so as to foster professionalism and enhance quality midwifery services in the country (3) undertake a costing exercise of the Road Map for Accelerating the Reduction of Maternal and Neonatal Morbidity and Mortality and (4) review the existing clean delivery (maama) kits in use at community and facility levels in the country
With respective to the above UNFPA seeks the services of experienced consultants/consultancy firms to provide any one of the following consultancy works. (Click on the list to view the full Terms of Reference for each )
THIS IS ONLY FOR LOCAL CONSULTANTS
- Evaluation of the Registered and Enrolled Comprehensive Nurse training programs in Uganda.
- Development of a Strategic Plan for Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council
- Development of a Strategic Plan for the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Union
- Costing of the Road Map for Accelerating the Reduction of Maternal and Neonatal Morbidity and Mortality
- Review of Implementation of the Maama Kit Initiative in Uganda
The full Terms of Reference for each of the above Consultancy Works can be accessed on our website at http://uganda.unfpa.org. CLICK ON EACH OF THE CONSULTANCY WORKS 1-5 LISTED ABOVE TO VIEW THE FULL TERMS OF REFERENCE.
- Individuals/consultancy firms with the required qualifications and experience to undertake any of the above listed consultancy works should submit their proposals with C.Vs of key personnel by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand-deliver the proposals with C.Vs of key personnel addressed to “The Representative, United Nations Population Fund, Plot 12A Baskerville Avenue, Kololo, P. O. Box 7184, Kampala - Uganda "
- Technical and Financial proposals of not more than six pages should be submitted as separate documents.
- Proposals must reach UNFPA offices by 2.00 pm on Thursday September 08, 2010.